No matter where you live, what we’re all experiencing right now with the Coronavirus pandemic is unprecedented in our lifetime. We’ve all found ourselves suddenly confined in our homes with no clear end in sight, and it can take a toll. Social distancing can leave you mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted.
The good news is that we’re all in this together. Even if you must stay at least 6 feet apart from others, you can still spread hope, kindness, and love using creativity.
Last week on Lifetime’s Facebook page, we asked, “How are you making memories with the change of routine and social distancing as we go through COVID-19?” We LOVE hearing how people are making the most of this season we’re all facing right now.
Here are five simple things that Lifetime’s adoptive couples are doing to shine a little light in the darkness we’re facing:
1. One of Lifetime’s adoptive families in-waiting, Beau and Caroline, shared that they have “fancy dinner” together as a family. Everyone gets dressed up, and they even use the “good china.” What a sweet childhood memory for their daughters!
2. “Something that we’ve enjoyed doing since we are still allowed to do is take short walks around our neighborhood, is to brighten up the path with sidewalk chalk!” shares Jessica, who adopted her daughter from Lifetime a couple of years ago. “We’ve been decorating the area around our home with encouraging messages, cheerful pictures, or colorful patterns..”
3. Skeets and Kim, who adopted their youngest son through Lifetime, share, “Daily family walks or other outdoor time and an escape room game for home called Exit. We play one a week. It takes a few nights to ‘escape.'”
4. Chris and Alison shared that they have started painting bright designs and encouraging messages on rocks and hiding them for others to find. What a fun and creative way to spread kindness! Now, more than ever, finding one of these rocks is sure to be a bright spot in someone’s day.
5. Alena and her husband Adam are one of Lifetime’s adoptive families waiting to be chosen by a birth mother. Alena posted this photo to Lifetime’s Facebook page and shares that their family did indoor camping. We love that she even brought in a little tree and “twinkling stars.” How fun!
Whether you choose one of these creative activities or all five, know that no act of kindness is ever wasted.
How are you making memories lately? In the comments below, share some of the good things you’ll take away from this season. Feel free to share photos too!
Submit a Comment