Adoptive parents inspired our recent webinar where we got to cover the aspects and timeline of what happens once baby is born. Recent webinars revealed questions from hopeful parents about what it’s like at the hospital, the process birth mothers go through after giving birth, the timing of clearances to take the baby home, attorney and home study roles, and finalizing adoption. In this replay Lifetime Adoption director, Linda Rotz, answered the most-asked questions about the moments each adoptive parent is dream of…meeting and bringing your child home!
Our audience of hopeful adoptive parents, in all stages of adoption planning, brought up questions including:
- When will I be able to see the baby after birth?
- Will the attorney want to meet with the birth mother at the hospital?
- How can I be available and sensitive to the baby’s birth mother while I’m caring for the new baby?
- How long until we can travel back home with the baby?
- Will my home study worker visit again after we’re home with baby?
- Is the adoption at risk until it’s finalized?
- What should I know about finalizing adoption?
If you’re hoping to adopt, it’s as important to prepare for more than just starting the adoption process or getting an opportunity to match. Discover how to move through those sensitive and memorable moments that begin when you finally meet the child you long to adopt.
Heidi Keefer is a Content Creator for Lifetime Adoption and has 15 years of experience in the field of adoption. An author of thousands of blog posts over the years, Heidi enjoys finding new ways to educate and captivate Lifetime’s ever-growing list of subscribers.
Heidi has a keen eye for misplaced apostrophes, comma splices, and well-turned sentences, which she has put to good use as a contributor to Lifetime’s award-winning blogs. She has written and published hundreds of adoption articles which explore the various facets of domestic infant adoption today.