Lifetime streamed a Facebook Live Video from the road a couple months ago on our Facebook page, Lifetime Adoption Center. Lifetime Adoption’s Director Heather Featherston and our Outreach Coordinator Libby Denniston appeared live from a conference, where they were spreading the word about adoption and Lifetime’s services for women facing unplanned pregnancy.
Heather and Libby shared what they’re doing to educate healthcare professionals on how modern adoption works today. Learn about the message they’re sharing, and how it helps you towards a successful adoption!
Education is a major part of what we do at Lifetime; it’s our heart and our passion. As you’ll see in the video below, Heather and Libby share how being at the conference is just one little part of how we’re trying to help people understand more about what adoption is like today.
Here’s some of the info and topics that Heather and Libby covered:
- A lot of people are more familiar with closed adoption, so Lifetime shares with healthcare workers how open adoption works today.
- Educating healthcare professionals is important, so they can give women an accurate picture of modern adoption and present it as a positive option. Otherwise, these women don’t fully know their pregnancy choices.
- The more people understand adoption, the more they talk about it with friends and educate them about it.
- Lifetime’s book, So I Was Thinking About Adoption, which is available as a free download.
- Lifetime’s FREE smart phone app, which helps women learn about making an adoption plan for their baby (get info at MyAdoptionApp.com)
If you’re touched by adoption, don’t discredit your story. It can help educate others!
Lifetime encourages women not to decide what they think about adoption until they learn what it’s really like.
Many pregnant women are hesitant to bring adoption up to their doctor, so they call or text Lifetime at night. What they need in that moment is a private, one-on-one conversation!
- What to do if you’re nervous about making an adoption video
Discover why our attendance at this conference helps your adoption in this Facebook Live session!
We suggest that you follow our Facebook page “Lifetime Adoption Center,” so you can stay in the loop about future Facebook Live Videos. Plus, you’ll then be able to attend live and ask our adoption experts any questions you might have!