This is the season for festive celebration and indulgence. You might tell yourself, “just one little treat won’t hurt me!” It is the second, third and fourth that create a problem! You should be aware of the caloric intake in your favorite holiday drinks. Just because it’s a liquid; it doesn’t mean it won’t help pile on five pounds by 2013. We have compiled a list of the yummiest seasonal drinks and their calorie content so you can plan accordingly.
- Starbucks tall Peppermint Mocha with whipped cream: 350 cal.
- Hot cider with cinnamon and orange peel (one cup): 120 cal.
- Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple-Grape (one cup): 120 cal.
- Hot Buttered Rum (one cup): 385 cal.
- Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice herbal tea: 0 cal.
- Eggnog with a shot of whiskey (one cup): 320 cal.
- Champagne (one 4oz. flute): 78 cal.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice: 112 cal.
Christmas, New Year’s and all the parties in between are not always the most convenient time to go on a diet. However, just by being aware, you might choose to indulge in just one glass of eggnog, instead of two. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Cheers!