This is an easy, yet elegant choice to serve while entertaining. Your company will think you worked hard in the kitchen all afternoon. It makes for a lovely presentation and tastes great. During this holiday season, we all want simple. After all, the meal should enhance the conversation and atmosphere. The hostess wants to enjoy the party too!
- 2 lb. roast
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup fig jam
- 2 tsp. powered garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Four or five halved red potatoes
- One peeled and sliced red onion
- Two or three peeled and thickly sliced carrots
- Two tablespoons of good olive oil
- Set roast in pan, rub with salt and pepper and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for two hours.
- After the two hours, take foil off the roast.
- Toss the root vegetables in olive oil and arrange around the roast.
- Turn up heat to 375* and finish cooking for 40 minutes.
- On a skillet, bring balsamic, wine, red pepper flakes , and garlic powder to a soft boil. Stir and simmer 10 minutes, until it reduces to a shimmering glaze.
- Take roast and vegetables out of the oven and set on a serving dish.
- Slice the roast and drizzle generously with the fig glaze.