There are tons of benefits to doing yoga while you’re pregnant (also known as pre-natal yoga). Even if you’ve never practiced yoga before, you can start off at the beginner level and get great benefits. Here are 6 reasons why you need pre-natal yoga in your life:
- Relieves the aches and pains you get when you’re pregnant
- Keeps you toned, flexible, and strong throughout your pregnancy
- Improves your balance (something that changes as your belly grows!)
- Keeps your body toned, so it’ll be easier to lose the “baby weight” later
- Relieves stress and is calming
- Decreases your morning sickness and exhaustion
You can do pre-natal yoga for free, right at home! Just go to YouTube and search for “pre-natal yoga.” To start you off, here’s a great one: Pregnancy Yoga: Episode 1.
Please check with your OB/Gyn before you start doing pre-natal yoga.
Heidi Keefer is a Content Creator for Lifetime Adoption and has 15 years of experience in the field of adoption. An author of thousands of blog posts over the years, Heidi enjoys finding new ways to educate and captivate Lifetime’s ever-growing list of subscribers.
Heidi has a keen eye for misplaced apostrophes, comma splices, and well-turned sentences, which she has put to good use as a contributor to Lifetime’s award-winning blogs. She has written and published hundreds of adoption articles which explore the various facets of domestic infant adoption today.