There are tons of benefits to doing yoga while you’re pregnant (also known as pre-natal yoga). Even if you’ve never practiced yoga before, you can start off at the beginner level and get great benefits. Here are 6 reasons why you need pre-natal yoga in your life:
- Relieves the aches and pains you get when you’re pregnant
- Keeps you toned, flexible, and strong throughout your pregnancy
- Improves your balance (something that changes as your belly grows!)
- Keeps your body toned, so it’ll be easier to lose the “baby weight” later
- Relieves stress and is calming
- Decreases your morning sickness and exhaustion
You can do pre-natal yoga for free, right at home! Just go to YouTube and search for “pre-natal yoga.” To start you off, here’s a great one: Pregnancy Yoga: Episode 1.
Please check with your OB/Gyn before you start doing pre-natal yoga.