Q: I am a 24 year old single woman, I had an affair with a married man, and he ended up staying with his wife. I got pregnant and gave birth to a son, but did not list him on the baby’s birth certificate. The man doesn’t acknowledge me and I don’t want to hurt his wife but I do want to put the baby into a home with two parents, but not with him and his wife. We never completed any kind of paperwork and he never acknowledged paternity of the baby. Can I still go through with an adoption plan with out his signature or knowledge or what can you do to help me? This guy and his wife do have other children together and I just want to do what is right for my baby and adoption would be the best for him. Can you help me?

A: Actually, there are options and an adoption center can advise an attorney involved on how to help you. There is no cost to you and you don’t have to speak to the father of the baby and his wife normally will not have to be notified. The best thing for you to do it to contact an adoption center and ask to speak to an adoption attorney to find out more about your rights. This can be done by phone and is confidential and at no cost to you. It does not obligate you to adoption but allows you to get some facts before you decide. Visit www.LifetimeAdoption.com and contact them to get more information. Or, you can call the 24 hour answer line to speak to one of the adoption coordinators at 1-800-923-6784. You have several options and there many families to select from. The attorney will take care of the paperwork and the adoptive parents will cover the cost of the legal paperwork: I hope this helps.

Lifetime Adoption
Written by Lifetime Adoption

Pin It on Pinterest