Are you trying to hide your pregnancy from co-workers? Nausea/morning sickness is a typical pregnancy symptom, and a dead giveaway you’re pregnant.
We’ve compiled a list of TONS of tips on how to handle that queasy morning sickness feeling when you’re at work:
- Get outside for some fresh air
- Load up on carbs: keep crackers stashed at your desk
- Ginger ale
- Sour candy
- Keep cool: put a mini fan on your desk
- Drink ginger tea
- A big glass of cool water
- Avoid fatty foods
- Chew some spearmint or peppermint gum
- Fix yourself a nice bowl of soup
- Eat cold, fresh fruit
- Drink mint tea
- Stop wearing perfume and using scented soap
- Nibble on some almonds
- Eat a banana
- Take a sick day
- Keep crackers by your bedside and eat them before getting up
- Eat small snacks all day (NOT three big meals)
- Sniff lemons
- Take your pregnancy multivitamin
- Keep track of when your nausea is the worst, then avoid your triggers
- Drink water all day
- Have a popsicle
- Avoid spicy foods
- Try Preggie Pops
- Take Vitamin B6
We hope that some of these tips will give you relief! Make sure that you tell your doctor you’re having trouble with morning sickness, and get their recommendations, too.
Heidi Keefer is a Content Creator for Lifetime Adoption and has 15 years of experience in the field of adoption. An author of thousands of blog posts over the years, Heidi enjoys finding new ways to educate and captivate Lifetime’s ever-growing list of subscribers.
Heidi has a keen eye for misplaced apostrophes, comma splices, and well-turned sentences, which she has put to good use as a contributor to Lifetime’s award-winning blogs. She has written and published hundreds of adoption articles which explore the various facets of domestic infant adoption today.