As you explore adoption, it’s smart to interview any adoption professional or center you’re thinking of using. Here are some questions you might ask them:
- What hours can I reach you?
- What happens if I need help on the weekend or at night?
- How many families do I get to choose from for my baby?
- Do you offer counseling?
- What are your services for birth parents?
- What kind of support will I have during and after the adoption?
- When can I speak with adoptive families?
- Can I speak with other women who used your services?
- What kind of adoptions do you coordinate?
What questions do you have about adoption? Give Lifetime Adoption a call to get them answered: 1-800-923-6784.
As the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Lifetime Adoption, Heather Featherston holds an MBA and is passionate about working with those facing adoption, pregnancy, and parenting issues. Heather has conducted training for birth parent advocates, spoken to professional groups, and has appeared on television and radio to discuss the multiple aspects of adoption. She has provided one-on-one support to women and hopeful adoptive parents working through adoption decisions.
Since 2002, she has been helping pregnant women and others in crisis to learn more about adoption. Heather also trains and speaks nationwide to pregnancy clinics to effectively meet the needs of women who want to explore adoption for their child. Today, she continues to address the concerns women have about adoption and supports the needs of women who choose adoption for their child.
As a published author of the book Called to Adoption, Featherston loves to see God’s hand at work every day as she helps children and families come together through adoption.