Safe Haven laws let a person give up their unwanted baby secretly. Mothers are able to drop their baby off at a safe haven location so long as the baby hasn’t been abused. Safe Haven laws were started to protect babies from being abandoned in places like public toilets or dumpsters.
No matter what the situation is, a woman can create a private, legal adoption plan just as easily and quickly as she can drop off a child under a state’s Safe Haven laws. Here are the advantages to making an adoption plan instead of dropping off your baby at a Safe Haven:
- Your baby won’t go into the already-full foster care system…he or she will be able to go home with a loving and stable adoptive couple right away.
- You’re able to know what happened to your child (even if choose a closed adoption afterward.)
- Counseling and support will be available at no cost to you.
- There are no legal risks to you when you choose adoption, and it’s free.
- Your situation will be managed confidentially, and you won’t be judged.
- Adoption offers you and your baby more security and stability in the long run.
- If you’d like, you can stay in touch with your child and the adoptive family.
It’s never too late to choose adoption for your baby. At Lifetime Adoption, every child is wanted and adopt-able. Learn more about the benefits of adoption, contact one of our knowledgeable and caring coordinators today.