In my new book, So I Was Thinking About Adoption, I write to birth mothers of all different walks of life. Here is an excerpt from my book…
It’s totally normal to consider what kind of parent you would be. Choosing your child’s parents through adoption lets you evaluate what kind of parents they will be. But what about you? What kind of parent are you ready to be?
- Are you truly able to provide for yourself and your baby on your own?
- Is the father of your baby likely to help you money-wise and emotionally? If not, will you be able to cope by yourself?
- Do you have school or work that will take up a lot of your time?
- Have family and friends offered to help you care for your child?
- Do your friends or family always do what they say they will?
- Can you afford to feed, clothe, educate, and get medical attention for your child?
- Can you give your child the kind of life he or she deserves? The kind of life you want for them?
- Are you truly ready to change your life to become mom to your baby?
It takes courage to be honest with yourself. You answers will help you focus on what you want for your baby.
To learn more about choosing adoption, you can get a FREE digital copy of So I Was Thinking About Adoption. This book is short and easy to read, and it’s packed with advice, info, checklists, and stories from women who have been where you are. In the book are honest details about adoption and the process, tips on choosing the best plan for your baby, and help on how to tell people about adoption.
Mardie Caldwell, C.O.A.P., is nationally recognized as an expert on open adoption. A Certiﬁed Open Adoption Practitioner (C.O.A.P.), Caldwell is the founder of Lifetime Adoption Center, established in 1986. She has assisted in over 2,000 successful adoptions and was one of the ﬁrst adoption professionals on the Internet.
Caldwell’s life work is dedicated to educating and helping birth parents find the right adoptive parents for their child. She spreads the word about modern adoption through speaking appearances, webinars, online resources, and as a podcast show host.
She has written several award-winning books, including So I Was Thinking About Adoption, the first book of its kind. There are many reasons women choose adoption, and this short book is a comprehensive resource to make the best plan for you and your baby. Caldwell wrote So I Was Thinking About Adoption as a handy guide to the details of the adoption process.
Caldwell has made over 150 media appearances, including ABC News, CBS News, Larry King Live, CNN Headline News, NBC’s The Today Show, CNN’s The Campbell Brown Show, NBC News, KGO Newstalk Radio, CNN’s Black in America II, MSNBC, Fox, PBS, BBC, and Dr. Laura.