Brant & LiesaBack to search
Watch Our Video
Aloha from Hawaii! Thank you for taking time to learn about us! We love the outdoors, traveling all around the world, and experiencing different cultures. Our faith-filled family will be a safe place for your child to pursue their dreams, with all the love, encouragement, and financial support they need. We are excited to adopt a child of any gender and racial background.
We met at the United States Naval Academy! Brant was managing the Language Department and Liesa was teaching German. We bonded over our love for fitness and traveling. We’ve been married 9 years and have traveled to 38 countries and counting! We’ve wanted a child for many years and have tried fertility treatments without success. We feel beyond blessed to start our family through adoption! We are excited to become parents and show our child the world.
Things we love to do together:
• Go to the beach with our dog! The ocean is our happy place and we enjoy relaxing in the water or exploring unique places near the beach.
• Stay fit! We both love sports, snorkeling, scuba diving, hiking, and working out. We’re currently taking tennis lessons together!
• Cook meals inspired by places we’ve been! Brant loves to grill and Liesa enjoys experimenting with international cuisines and flavors.
Liesa is the most selfless and courageous woman I know. I consider myself lucky that she chose to leave her home and career in Germany to start a life with me! Liesa is devoted and fantastic at maintaining close relationships with loved ones around the world. She always looks for ways to serve and lift up others, wherever she lives. She enjoys coaching fitness, yoga, volunteer work, and portrait photography. Liesa’s great ability to love and support others will make her an amazing parent. She is excited to be a stay-at-home-mom and plan fun adventures with our child!
• Thoughtful and always looking for ways to bless or find the good in others.
• A total animal lover!
• Nurturing, understanding, and supportive.
Brant is a seasoned officer in the United States Marine Corps. He might be the smartest person I know! Brant has 3 degrees, speaks 3 languages and truly enjoys learning. He loves to lead Marines and help them reach their full potential. Brant appreciates the simple things in life, exploring and finding beauty in everyday things. I know he’ll enjoy sharing different experiences with a child, seeing the wonder through their eyes.
• Patient, loyal, and caring: we can always count on Brant to help!
• Level-headed, calm, and confident.
• A natural coach and teacher, for all sorts of skills: he’s coached football, gymnastics, wrestling, scuba diving, and martial arts to kids and adults.
Our Home in Hawaii
We live in a two-story, 3-bedroom waterfront home with a fenced backyard. We love that we can see the water from our bedrooms and can walk out the front door to the beach. Our home is decorated with artwork from places we’ve traveled. We have great weather year-round and love seeing wild mango trees and tropical birds when we go on walks.
There are six playgrounds within a five-minute walk from our house. We live in a neighborhood on base; the community is friendly and supportive.
Our Loved Ones
We both have parents who have had long, loving, healthy marriages. They are so excited to become grandparents again! We have two nieces with one more on the way. Our families live in Florida, California, Texas, and Germany. We all love traveling to see each other, or meeting up in a new destination for a family vacation. We also like to gather for long weekends and holidays full of games, great food, and laughter.
Our closest friends feel like family too. They share many of our big life events, including our path to become parents. From going on vacation together, to helping each other move, loaning cars and homes to each other, we can always count on each other when we need it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know us! We are eager to share our love of the world and its many languages, cultures, natural beauty and landscapes, and amazing animals with your child.
We promise to:
• Provide the best physical and emotional care as possible.
• Help your child grow in their interests and strengths.
• Prioritize your child’s education, and provide for college.
• Always make sure your child feels fully and unconditionally loved.
• Speak of you with love and raise our child to be proud of our family’s adoption story.
• Keep in touch with you, at your comfort level, if you’d like.
With love, Brant & Liesa
More About Brant
Education: Master's Degree, Systems Engineering and a Master's Degree, International Security Studies
Profession: US Marine Corps Officer
Racial Background: Caucasian
Food: Bacon Blue Cheese Burger
Book: The Wheel of Time
Hobby: Snow skiing
School Subject: Physics
Vacation Spot: New Zealand
More About Liesa
Education: Master's Degree, Adult Education, Intercultural Communication & Media
Profession: Adult Education Administrator & Homemaker
Racial Background: Caucasian
Food: I go straight for dessert!
Hobby: Cuddling our pets
School Subject: Art
Vacation Spot: Anywhere near the ocean
More About Our Family
Fun Facts About Us
• Our favorite places we've been to are Germany, New Zealand, and Lake Tahoe.
• Brant learned circus skills for our nieces! I can juggle, make balloon animals, and do some card tricks.
• For being so little Liesa is actually quite strong. When she was in the German military, they called her “little turtle warrior” because she's only 5’2” and carried a huge backpack that looked like a turtle shell over her.
• We have a beach home in North Carolina. It’s our East Coast home!
Family & Friends: Being a part of our family means someone is always there to love, support, and help when it’s needed.
Our Christian Faith: Our faith gives us the foundation to treat each other with respect, to appreciate what we have, and have hope. We love looking for ways to be involved with our church family to serve others.
Education: We are lifelong learners and believe education is an open doorway to our world. We both have advanced degrees, speak multiple languages, and will provide the same opportunities for your child.
We have one dog, Atlas, and two cats, Lio and Pumpkin! The neighborhood children love to cuddle and play with Atlas; he very gentle and loving. Lio and Pumpkin are also great with people and want to snuggle every chance they get. They love attention and belly rubs.
Since Liesa is German we have some fun international traditions! Our favorite is Nikolaustag (St. Nick’s) Day! Children shine their shoes and place them outside to find them filled with treats and toys the next day.
Brant’s side of the family has some fun traditions, as well. Some of our favorites are cornhole tournaments, Easter Egg hunts, and scavenger hunts for Christmas gifts!
Thank you for learning about us! We would love to get to know you and find out your hopes and dreams for your child. We have a loving, active life to share with a child and look forward becoming parents through open adoption. When you're ready, we'd love to talk with you!