Mike & JulieBack to search
Watch Our Video
Hello! We love spending time together and with our wonderful circle of friends and family. Some of our favorite activities that we cannot wait to share with a child include exploring the outdoors, traveling, going to church, playing games, and watching movies. Through our careers in education, we’ve been honored to help young people grow in school, faith, and work. We are beyond thrilled to become first-time parents through adoption.
We met through a mutual friend during college (our first date was at a Mardi Gras Ball in New Orleans!). Now we’ve been married for 10 years and felt a calling to grow our family and adopt.
As parents, we will teach our child the value of treating others with dignity and respect and provide a happy, healthy home where they can become who God created them to be. We hope to get to know you and the hopes you have for your child’s future!
• Road trips with silly games, sing-along music, and good conversation
• Going to the beach, national parks, and historic sites
• Reading books on history, faith, and education
• Attending school sporting events to support our students
• Hosting dinner parties & cooking
• Game nights with friends
• Chats around the fire pit
I am a career coach for young adults at a Catholic university.
Mike says: Julie loves BIG and drives me to be better every day. She is caring, intelligent, thoughtful, honest, and giving. One of my favorite things is hearing Julie talk about her dreams and hopes for our life. She will be a patient, devoted mother!
• Reading with her book club
• Double date nights with friends
• Walks to church during nice weather
• Traveling to national parks
I am an Assistant Principal & middle school history teacher.
Julie says: Mike inspires me to be my best daily. He’s selfless, has a heart for serving others, and loves to make sure someone he spends time with knows he is fully present. As a dad, he will be patient, full of joy, and always ready to make the most of quality time with our child.
• Cooking (he’s a great cook!)
• Playing golf
• Camping, hiking, hunting, & fishing
• Going to sporting events
Our Home in Maryland
We live in a beautiful suburban neighborhood full of young families. Our church and a beautiful park are within walking distance, just a half mile from our house. We also live close to two excellent schools that we’ll be able to walk to with our child. Living here we are just a short drive from all the attractions in Washington, DC, and several national parks to explore.
Highlights about our home:
• 4 bedrooms, with a room for the nursery
• Large backyard to run and play (our dog loves it!)
• Close to a ravine, so we enjoy watching wildlife
• Screened-in back porch perfect for relaxing
We are close with our families, who are all very loving and supportive of our plans to adopt. Mike’s parents love cruises and mentoring married couples. Julie’s parents are always surprising us with boxes of goodies from Louisiana. Most of our family is in Louisiana, and in between visits we keep in touch with video calls. We also have a big circle of friends-like-family from our years in ministry, and are even Godparents for two of our dearest friends’ children.
Adoption in our family: Mike has cousins on both sides of his family who were adopted. We see adoption as a wonderful way for families to grow and come together.
We promise to love this child with all of our hearts and do good for him or her every single day. We will provide a joyful, stable, loving, faith-filled home. Our goal is to create an environment where our child can thrive, laugh, and know we are always here to celebrate and support him or her along the way. Education is important to us, and we will help our child make the most of learning and opportunities to explore his or her talents and skills.
We will be honest with your child about how we came together through adoption. You will always be special to us. We will help our child understand the love behind his or her adoption story. We totally welcome the chance to keep in contact with you throughout this child’s life. If you’d like, we will share updates, photos, and visits.
Thoughtfully, Mike & Julie
More About Mike
Education: Master's Degree in Educational Leadership
Profession: Assistant Principal & Teacher
Racial Background: Caucasian
Movie: Home Alone
Bible Verse: Jeremiah 29:11
Board Game: Battleship
Vacation Spot: Mountain Cabin
More About Julie
Education: Master's Degree in Counseling & Theology
Profession: Career Coach
Racial Background: Caucasian
Movie: Harry Potter Series
Food: Seafood Gumbo
Bible Verse: John 1:5
Board Game: Yahtzee
Vacation Spot: The Beach
More About Our Family
What's important to us...
• Our Catholic-Christian faith (we both work for Catholic schools too!)
• Family time: Because of the flexibility with our jobs, we can work from home and have summers off, so when we adopt at least one of us will be home with our child most of the time.
• Sharing our day-to-day around the dinner table
We have a small, VERY friendly dog, Roux, who loves to play and snuggle.
Fun Facts About Us
• Julie is a great listener, very social, a good hostess, and a great friend.
• Mike is a patient teacher, a creative cook, and played drums in a band!
• Annual beach vacations all together
• Camping and white water rafting
• Lots of cooking, telling stories, and laughing
• Dressing up & having King Cake for Mardi Gras
We want you to know that you would always be a special part of our family's story. It means so much to be considered as adoptive parents for your child! If you'd like, we would love to get to know you and are open to keeping in touch after the adoption too. We're so excited about becoming first-time parents this way, and we promise to be a devoted and supportive mom and dad. To learn more or talk with us, please contact Lifetime.