Ray & SherrillBack to search
Watch Our Video
Hello! We have always hoped to raise a big family and it’s an honor to be considered as adoptive parents for your child. Our family of three enjoys trips to the beach and the mountains, time with our close extended family, and attending church. Our backgrounds in teaching and nursing have been helpful as parents. Modeling kindness, love, and humility toward others, and making the most of each day together, is important to us. We’re excited to grow our family through adoption! We’d love to get to know you along the way.
We met through Sherrill’s cousin, who taught at the same school with Ray when he moved to North Carolina. After Sherrill visited the school one day, her cousin played matchmaker and set us up on our first date. Now we’ve been happily married 13 years. As a family we’re pretty laid-back and up for doing anything together!
Together we enjoy:
• Cooking dinner together (our favorites are BBQ chicken, pasta, or pork chops!)
• Playing games (we love Uno, Monopoly, and Heads Up)
• Visiting museums or the zoo
• Trying new restaurants
• Volunteering at church
I am a Registered Nurse.
Ray says: Sherrill has a big heart and a humble spirit. She enjoys putting others before herself and loves to laugh. Sherrill would do anything for her family and is always there for our son. She has so much love to give as we grow our family!
• Talking with her sisters
• Watching movies with a cozy blanket and a snack
• Going for walks
• Cooking new recipes
I am a training program manager for new hires at my company.
Sherrill says: Ray truly enjoys spending time with our son. He’s hard-working and honest and always up for anything he can do as a family, whether it’s going to the store, playing games, taking a weekend getaway, or visiting relatives. Ray is a great dad!
• Exercising and working out
• Playing video games
• Reading or researching
• Watching movies or TV
Our son, Jacob, is 11 years old and into video games, like Minecraft and Fortnite, playing soccer, cooking, and playing outside with friends. He is smart, caring, and great with babies and children. Jacob will be a loving and helpful big brother!
We come from big families! Our parents love making memories with their grandchildren. Most of Sherrill’s family lives in North Carolina, with one sister in Texas. Ray’s family lives in Indiana and we take turns visiting each other. Because Ray’s father was adopted, it’s especially sweet to see adoption through his immediate family.
Our Home in North Carolina
We live between the beach and the mountains, which is great because we love going to both! We’re close to great restaurants, tourist attractions, shopping, minor league baseball, and museums. We’ve just moved into to a newly built 4-bedroom home that has lots of living space and a nice backyard with trees behind it. Our neighborhood is quiet and has a community pool. We love raising our son here and know it will be a great place to grow our family!
We like the idea of open adoption and will be happy to share updates and visits, if you want an ongoing connection. We will honor our commitment to you and your child.
As parents, we promise to:
• Praise positive behavior and help our children grow or learn when they make mistakes.
• Provide a peaceful home where we treat each other with kindness and respect.
• Encourage our children in their education and offer opportunities to pursue goals and further learning.
• Teach our children to love God and love others.
• Honestly answer questions about how our family came together through adoption, always speaking of you with love and gratitude.
Thank you for considering us as a family for your child. We hope to talk and learn more about you! To learn more about us, please call or text Lifetime at 1.800.923.6784.
With love, Ray & Sherrill
More About Ray
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education
Profession: Training Program Manager
Racial Background: Caucasian
Type of Music: 90's Alternative & Grunge
Movie or TV Show: Seinfeld
Game: The card game, Euchre
Place Visited: Biltmore Estate
More About Sherrill
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Political Science & Nursing
Profession: Registered Nurse
Racial Background: American Indian
Type of Music: Mostly Country, R&B, Christian, Oldies, and 80's or 90's
Movie or TV Show: Life
Game: Monopoly Deal
Place Visited: Biltmore Estate
More About Our Family
Things we love to do as a family
• Explore North Carolina
• Board games before bedtime
• Watch movies or funny YouTube videos
• After-school snacks at Chick-fil-a
• Church functions, like ice cream socials, Christmas Festival of Lights, & Trunk-or-Treat
• Sherrill has 5 sisters and 3 nieces and ALL of their names start with “Sh.”
• Ray likes to collect and learn about men’s colognes.
• Homemade holiday potlucks
• Family shopping trip on the Friday after Thanksgiving
• Christmas Eve party with games
• Mountain cabin trips in Tennessee with Ray’s family
Lucy is our sweet dog who loves to play and be included in everything we do.
We're truly thankful for your time to consider us as possible adoptive parents for your child. If you have questions or want to talk, we'd love to hear from you! Our whole family is excited to embrace and welcome the child we adopt. We'd enjoy getting to know you and the type of relationship you'd like to have after the adoption. You would always hold a special place in our family! We'd be honored and excited to share our lives with your child.