Josh & MeganBack to search
Watch Our Video
Hello! We have built a great life together so far but we have always wanted to share our life with a child. Adoption has always been a part of our journey to grow our family. We have a loving and stable home with a lot of love to share. We are excited to see and watch our future child grow and learn. We will share our values and support throughout their life. We look forward to sharing everyday moments, such as hobbies and family vacations, and the little things, like playing board games and Friday movie nights. We’re excited and ready to adopt our first child! It would be wonderful to learn more about you and the future you want for your child.
A Little About Us
How we met: We met in college when we were put into the same group to work on a class project together. Soon we became friends and from there our relationship grew. Now we’ve been happily married over 10 years!
Together we enjoy:
• Going to the movies
• Hiking national and state parks
• Running errands
• Farmer’s markets on Saturday mornings
• Attending Catholic Mass every week
What Josh sees in Megan: My wife is creative, passionate about helping others and the world around her, and a driven problem solver (she’s great at solving mysteries too!). I love the fact that she keeps me grounded and is always supportive in anything I do. Megan will be an amazing mom who will always have fun things or projects to do with our future child. She has a big heart and puts others before herself.
• Cooking new recipes
• Finding little ways to help impact the environment
What Megan sees in Josh: My husband is patient, thoughtful, a good listener, and always ready to do something fun. Josh is quick-witted and funny too! He will be an incredible father who will stay involved in our child’s activities (he’s even excited about helping with homework!). Josh is always thinking of others and I look forward to raising a family with him.
• Hikes or jogs around the neighborhood
• Helping Megan with food prep when she’s cooking
• Watching Wisconsin sports
• Going to Sports Card Shows with his brothers
• Seeing movies at the theater
Our Home in Wisconsin
We live in a quiet neighborhood with a mix of young families and retired people. Some of our best memories have come from the updates we’ve made to our home in the years we’ve lived here. Our house is a three-bedroom split-level with a big backyard with a vegetable and flower garden. We’re within walking distance of the library, elementary school, and parks. Plus, we’re close to our favorite state park where we often go on weekends. The community is growing and every year the town organizes concerts and festivals to bring people together. This will be a great place to raise our family!
We come from stable, loving families. Each of our parents have been married over 40 years! Megan comes from a small family and her parents live within 15 minutes of us. Josh’s family is larger and his parents live an hour away. He’s very close with his brothers too. Together we have 4 nieces and nephews. We enjoy lots of time with our families for special trips, dinners together, holidays, birthdays, and more. Everyone is excited to meet the child we adopt!
We appreciate your time to learn about us! If you decide we’re the right adoptive family for your child, we want you to know that we will always hold you in high respect and talk about you with great love. We are open to sharing an open adoption, if you wish. As parents, we will share our values and support throughout our child’s life.
We promise to:
• Provide a loving, stable, safe home to grow up in.
• Listen and be supportive as parents.
• Set healthy boundaries and raise him or her with strong values and open communication.
• Encourage your child to be confident and independent, while knowing we’re always here for them.
• Teach gratitude and life skills.
• Help our child grow in education and learn what is needed to reach for their goals or dreams.
• Be honest and open about our family’s adoption story and always willing to talk about our child’s questions about where he or she came from.
• Honor our relationship with you and share updates as your child grows up.
Very thoughtfully, Josh & Megan
More About Josh
Education: Master's Degree in Corporate Communication
Profession: Customer Service Manager
Racial Background: Caucasian
Vacation Place: Door County, Wisconsin
Type of Music: 1980's Rock
Sport to Watch: Milwaukee Bucks Basketball
Hobby: Sports card collecting
Recipe to Cook: Lasagna or chicken enchiladas
More About Megan
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Communication
Profession: Senior HR Generalist
Racial Background: Caucasian
Vacation Place: Door County, Wisconsin
Type of Music: Country
Sport to Watch: Milwaukee Brewers Baseball
Recipe to Cook: Granola bars
More About Our Family
Josh: I collect Basketball Sports Cards and have been collecting them since I was a kid.
Megan: I’ve been skiing since I was 2 years old! I love that my parents passed down their love for outdoor activities.
What Matters to Us
• Family and friends
• Respect for one another
• Supporting each other through anything
• Openly sharing our plans, thoughts, and feelings
• Trusting God has a plan for us and that everything that happens in our life is part of a big picture in His plan. Our faith has always been at the core of our relationship.
• Every week Megan makes us homemade granola bars to have a healthy snack ready when we need it.
• Each year we take a camping trip with Megan’s parents.
• A few times a year we enjoy visiting our extended families spread around Wisconsin.
• We look forward to the annual Fall Family Vacation with Josh’s side.
• Josh’s family gets into learning about their Norwegian heritage and family history. (He’s excited to learn about our future child’s background and celebrate those roots too!)
• We love skiing and biking with Megan’s parents whenever possible.
Why We're Hoping to Adopt
Adoption has always been part of our plans for growing our family. We have not been able to have a child biologically so we believe that adoption has been meant for us all along. We’d love to have an open adoption too, if you’re comfortable! It's important to us that our future child know that we will embrace his or her background and help them understand where they came from, to the best of our ability. You would always be a special part of our family's story.
Thank you for this opportunity to tell you about the life we hope to share with a child. We're excited to become parents and encourage our child as he or she grows and learns. We're ready to make memories with family vacations, holiday traditions, exploring our child's interests, and sharing everyday moments together. If you'd like, we are open to keeping in touch and having contact with you as your child grows up. We hope to talk and learn more about you and the kind of adoption you want for your child. Just ask Lifetime about us to set up a call or video chat!