Frequently Asked Questions by Adoptive Parents
Do you have questions about the Christian adoption process? Maybe you’re wondering which steps to take to begin your journey to become an adoptive family through infant adoption, or you’re wondering what our adoption situations are like.
When you’re hoping to adopt a baby, there’s a lot to learn! One of the best ways to prepare for your own path to adoption is to get answers from experts who work with the type of adoption you’re pursuing. On this page, you’ll find expert answers to the questions people ask when they are thinking about adopting a baby, and when they’re considering Lifetime to help them adopt. You’ll learn a lot about what to expect, and get to know Lifetime better too.
There is a lot to learn and many questions to be answered when you decide you want to adopt. Even before you officially think of yourself as “hoping to adopt” there are terms, steps, and questions that every future adoptive parent will need to understand to reach their personal adoption dream successfully. There are many important questions when it comes to adopting a child. It’s wise to learn as much as possible, so you know what to expect!
Below we’ve answered many of the adoption questions that we are frequently asked. Whether you’ve been researching adoption for a while, or if you’re just starting to gather information, these questions are an excellent resource for you to equip yourself better as you build a family through adoption.
If you don’t see your adoption question below, please
send us an email or give us a call at
Questions About Lifetime Adoption
1. How many adoptions does Lifetime do a year?
2. Do you have any guarantee?
3. Your success rate is much higher than most other adoption organizations, why?
4. What size is your staff at the Lifetime Center?
5. Where are you located?
6. I have heard that you offer private, personalized one-on-one adoption consultations. How do I get more information on this?
7. We live out of town, and would like to meet in person. Is this possible?
8. How can we learn more about your organization, since we live in another state?
9. Are there any states you cannot work with adoptive parents?
10. Our state doesn’t allow us to use adoption facilitators, can we adopt through the Florida placement agency? About Lifetime’s Safe and Successful Adoption Program
1. What is open adoption?
2. How long does it take to adopt through Lifetime?
3. Is there a fee to apply for your program?
4. What do we need to get started?
5. Do you have a waiting list?
6. Do all families who go through Lifetime adopt?
7. What happens if after two years we still do not have a child?
8. How do we handle the paperwork for our adoption, since we live in a different state?
9. Are you available if we need to reach you after hours or on the weekend?
10. Will prospective birth parents be calling us?
11. What about confidentiality?
12. Will you help us prepare an adoption profile?
13. What is the procedure to be presented to a birth mother through Lifetime?
14. When a birth mother requests families be sent to her, how is it determined what families she receives?
15. We are signed up with an agency in our state, but have had no luck. We would like to get as much exposure and help as possible. Will you work with a family that is signed up with another organization?
16. We are working with another adoption professional, but have not had any luck. Can you help us?
17. As an adoptive family, what can we do to speed up the adoption process?
18. What is a home study?
19. Do we need a home study before we contract with Lifetime?
20. If we don’t have an attorney, how do we find one?
21. Does Lifetime have references of families that have successfully completed an adoption?
22. In the Lifetime Adoption programs do you place children with adoptive parents?
23. How can we prevent a scam?
24. Where do we get our home study done?
25. We are just starting out – what services do you offer for newbies to adoption? What About Lifetime’s Fee and Financing Adoption Costs?
1. What is the total cost of adoption?
2. Do you offer payments or have resources for adoption loans?
3. Does Lifetime Adoption accept credit cards when paying for payment of adoption fees? Who Can Adopt Through Lifetime?
1. Who is eligible to adopt?
2. Do you accept applications from single parents?
3. Do I need to be an American citizen or live in the United States to adopt through Lifetime Adoption?
4. Do you have age requirements for adoptive parents?
5. We already have children, can we still adopt with Lifetime?
6. We live in another state. Can you still help us adopt?
7. How do birth mothers communicate?
8. Can we adopt if we are just living together?
9. How old do you have to be to adopt?
10. We are US citizens living overseas, can you work with us?
About the Babies, Children, and Birth Parents
1. If I adopt a newborn, how old is the baby when I receive him/her?
2. Do you have newborns or infants now?
3. Can we select the gender of the child?
4. Do you ever have twins?
5. What ages and ethnic backgrounds of children do you have available?
6. What does bi-racial or mixed race mean?
7. Where do your birth parents and children come from?
8. I noticed you have older children seeking homes. Where are these children living now?
9. Will birth parents consider a family outside of their area?
10. What about the baby’s health?
11. What happens in the event the baby is born and there are medical problems we feel we can’t handle?
12. What happens if the birth mom changes her mind before or after placement?
13. Are the birth mother situations listed on your site still available?
Was your adoption question not answered above?
Send us an email to ask us your question, or give us a call at 530-271-1740.
Remember, There is a Child For You!