Frequently Asked Questions About Adoption
Do you have questions about the adoption process as a birth parent? Below you’ll find answers to questions frequently asked about domestic adoption by pregnant women and mothers considering adoption. If you don’t find the answers to your questions, please contact us and we’ll answer any questions you have.
Is your baby’s mother considering adoption? Take a look at our Birth Father Questions.
Lifetime is here for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are not alone!
Click on any question below to read the answer.
1. Why choose Lifetime Adoption Center?
2. Are there any costs to me?
3. Why choose adoption?
4. Is it selfish to consider adoption?
5. How are adoptive families screened?
6. Is open adoption safe & legal?
7. What is Open or Semi Open Adoption?
8. If I don’t see a family on the site that meets my needs, do you have other families to select from?
9. What if I go into labor, can you work with me from the hospital?
10. Can I select a family from a state other than my own?
11. My child is older; do you have families that are interested in older children?
12. What age range are most of your birth mothers?
13. I am married and the father of the baby is not my husband. Can you help?
14. Some of my friends say I should keep my baby and that children belong with their birth parents, what should I do?
15. I’ve been dating the father of my baby. Wouldn’t it be better if we just got married and tried to raise the child together even if I don’t love him?
16. What if my child has a disability or medical problem, do you have adoptive families available? I don’t want my child put into foster care, can you help?
17. My child has been removed from my home and is in foster care now, but my rights have not been terminated, can I still work with your program and find a family to adopt my child?
18. I am a single parent and facing a prison sentence of quite a few years. Can you help me find adoptive parents for my children, even though they are not newborns?
19. My parents are kicking me out of the house because I am pregnant. Do you have a home for mothers or a place for me to go?
20. My baby will be African American-do you have black families available?
21. So what’s the next step?
22. How soon can I see waiting couples or match with an adoptive family?
23. Is there counseling available for me in my home state?
24. How do I use the Lifetime site to find a family? Once I do, how do I contact them?
Lifetime Adoption, Inc.
is a Licensed Florida Child
Lifetime Adoption is registered with the State of California under the provisions of the Registry of California Adoption Facilitators. (CA Family Code Section 8632.5)