Max & SarahBack to search
Watch Our Video
Hello from Minnesota! As a couple, we’re all about family. We love getting outdoors, spending summers fishing at the lakes to and sledding snow covered hills all winter. It’s so fun to plan activities we can do with our boys. When we met Sarah had two sons, and now as a blended family we truly enjoy being parents and spending time together. We are all excited to grow our family through adoption!
Thank you for considering our family for your child. We hope to get to know you and would love to share ongoing contact, if you’d like to stay in touch after the adoption.
How we met, as told by Sarah: We met online and had an instant connection when we met for lunch on our first date. Max said he was attracted to my positive nature, and I was drawn to Max’s good heart. Now we’ve been happily married over 6 years! We’ve talked about adoption from the beginning and have been through infertility as we tried to grow our family. We’d love to raise a child together and we’re excited about adopting!
What matters to us: Our Christian faith is at the center of our lives and we’re very involved at our church. It’s important to us to practice kindness, grace, and compassion as much as possible. As parents, we’re also raising our child to show love, respect, and manners, and we try to lead by example.
Together we enjoy:
• Time at the family farm going on Ranger rides, hiking the pasture or creek, riding tractors, and hitting baseballs
• Baking from scratch to share treats with family or neighbors (our specialties are Chocolate chip banana bread, Brownies, Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter frosting, Italian Shaved Ice, and Muffins of all kinds!)
• Playing board or card games
According to Max: Sarah is such a caring an outgoing person, driven, focused. Sarah LOVES being a mom. I appreciate how she is always willing to help or give back where she can.
• Playing piano
• Decorating our home
• Yoga and exercise
• Listening to podcasts
• Attending women’s ministry events
• Volunteering at school, church, or the museum
According to Sarah: Max is calm, selfless, and truly cares about others; he’s always willing to help. I love that Max loves and feels things so deeply. He’s great listener and a wonderful step-dad to our boys, always attentive and available to them for whatever they need.
• Attending sporting events and activities for our kids
• Volunteer work
• Being creative
• Playing games
• Projects around the house
Our Sons: We have two boys, Mason and Colton. Mason, 15, is polite and respectful to anyone he meets; he enjoys talking with others, is a huge history buff, and likes fishing, football, basketball, and baseball. Colton, 11, is sweet, kind, and loving. He likes Star Wars, Nerf, and sports; he just started baseball and basketball this year! Colton is very smart and likes board games.
We talk about adoption and what it will be like when we bring a new child into our family this way. The boys look forward to having a new sibling!
Extended Family: We’re very close to our families and both grew up with great memories of time with our grandparents and cousins. Most of Sarah’s family live nearby so we see them often. Max’s family is out of state, but we visit them every year and keep in touch in between.
Adoption is a part of Sarah’s extended family, and we have friends who have adopted children too. Everyone is supportive and excited to meet the child we adopt!
Our Home in Minnesota
We live in a small town out in a rural area, surrounded by cornfields and prairies. There are bigger cities just a short drive away where we go for extra shopping, the zoo, concerts, water parks, and more. Our 4-bedroom home has a large backyard and a finished basement. We live on a cul-de-sac, so it’s quiet with no traffic. This is a great place to raise our family!
At home we like:
• Hiking the county park
• Playing football & baseball in our yard
• Playing Legos & indoor basketball in our basement
• Visiting the apple orchard and pumpkin patch
• Attending school events
• Pizza and movie nights
Any pets? Yes! We have a friendly house cat, Nellie.
We promise to love your child with all our heart, to show patience and grace, teach kindness and respect, and to love one another as Jesus loves us. We believe in raising our children by example, showing what it’s like to be kind, filled with joy, and caring toward others. We promise to provide a good education, prioritize time with each of our children, help them stay on track in school and goals, and encourage them in their strengths and challenges.
We will talk openly and lovingly about how adoption brought us together. You would always be a special part of our family too! We will be supportive and understanding as our child learns to embrace his or her adoption story. If you’d like, we welcome future contact and are open to sharing updates and visits after the adoption. We’d forever be grateful for the opportunity to be adoptive parents to your child.
With love, Max & Sarah
More About Max
Education: Some college
Profession: Inventory Fulfillment Planner
Racial Background: Caucasian
TV Series: Fixer Upper
Song: Voice of Truth, by Castin Crowns
Food: Chicago style pizza
Dessert: Pecan Pie
Sports Team: Springboks-South African Rugby Football Team
Hobby: Golfing and bicycling
Book: Into the Wild, by John Krakauer
More About Sarah
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Profession: Marketing Manager
Racial Background: Caucasian
TV Series: Heartland
Song: Remember When, by Alan Jackson
Sports Team: Minnesota Vikings
Hobby: Playing piano
Book: The Chance, by Karen Kingsbury
More About Our Family
3 Thoughts on Parenthood
1. Respect is taught & given.
2. Time is the greatest gift we can give our kids.
3. Our role in our children's lives is a priority we take seriously. (Being parents is an honor for us!)
• Max is very artistic and loves to draw! He’s also recently been into wood-working.
• Sarah is known for loving everything Christmas, from the Christian aspect to baking cookies and Hallmark movies.
• Campfires, holidays, family dinners, and birthdays with Sarah’s family
• Craft projects and museums with Max’s family
• Labor Day brunch and the Box Car Days Parade
• Volunteering as a family to help others
• All things Christmas: We love caroling, baking, seeing the light displays, making gingerbread houses, Christmas movies (especially The Grinch) and Christmas Eve at the family farm.
A Typical Weekend With Us
• Friday night is usually pizza & movie night, and we love Friday night S'Mores in the summer.
• Saturdays start with a special breakfast, like making cinnamon rolls or pancakes. Then we'll be at a school sporting activity or doing house projects or yard work. Then we wrap up with supper as a family.
• Sundays we go to church and make brunch at home afterward. We often catch up on laundry on Sundays and we'll often be found playing some type of board or yard game in the afternoon. Sunday evening we eat our meal together then we fold laundry together and talk about the week ahead.
We are excited about growing our family through adoption! Thank you for considering us as you decide what you want to do for your child's future. We would love to talk with you or answer any questions. Our hearts, and our whole circle of family and friends, are ready to welcome your child with so much love. If you'd like to share, it would be nice to get to know you and hear how you would like your child's adoption to look. We're open to keeping in touch and you will always hold a special place in our hearts.