Tim & AmandaBack to search
Watch Our Video
Hi! We’ve been happily married 13 years and love finding the fun in anything we do. We’ve enjoyed traveling the world and much of the U.S., but our hearts are always the most at home with our dogs. It’s exciting to step into this next chapter together, growing our family through adoption and becoming first-time parents!
We look forward to sharing our lives with a child, enjoying weekends with our families, summers on the lake, and exploring the mountains in the winter. After we adopt Amanda will be a full-time stay-at-home parent. Thank you for considering us as adoptive parents! We hope to get to know you and the life you picture for your child.
We met through a mutual friend and became instant best friends. A few months later we started dating and we’ve been inseparable ever since! (Our friends say if we were a celebrity couple we’d be known as “Timanda.”) We’ve always imagined a child in our future. Having a child biologically has not been in God’s plan for us and we both agree that we’ve felt God leading us toward adopting a child.
We enjoy anything we do together, such as:
• DIY home improvement projects (Amanda is the designer & Tim is the builder!)
• Yardwork (even pulling weeds and mowing the grass is fun for us!)
• Running errands (Costco & Home Depot are our weekend shopping!)
• Attending weekly events hosted by our close-knit church
• Hiking in national parks, especially to find waterfalls (we loved our first hike so much that we bought an annual pass!)
This is Amanda
According to Tim: Amanda is honest, loyal, dedicated, and driven. She’s my biggest cheerleader and will be the best future mother! Amanda creates a sense of comfort and stability in our home. I can’t wait to raise a family with her!
• Finding new projects to start
• Watching old chick-flicks
• Tending her houseplants
• Cooking her ‘famous’ tomato soup
This is Tim
According to Amanda: Tim is kind, loving, forgives easily, and loves quickly. Everyone he meets seems to adore him! He provides everything we need without any hesitation. As a dad, Tim will be loving, patient, and caring. He’ll be the dad who wants to teach our child everything he knows, mixing in plenty of fun and imagination.
• Working in the yard
• Building things for the house
• Playing instruments (he can play trombone, drums, & guitar)
• Video games
• Manning the barbecue
Our Home in Nevada
We live in a two-story, 3-bedroom home on a cul-de-sac, in northern Nevada between giant mountains. One of our rooms is already decorated and prepared to become our future baby’s nursery. We love that summer brings warm weather and trips to the lake; winter gives us snow, sledding, and snowman-building. Our 2 dogs each with their own unique personalities and are a sweet part of our family. (Moses is our Shih Tzu and Lady is our Husky-Healer mix.) We enjoy taking the dogs for walks on the paths to a park just a few minutes from our home. It’s a quiet, family-oriented neighborhood and a great place to raise children.
We come from big, diverse families and we spend a lot of time together. We each have three siblings and between us we have 5 nephews and 7 nieces. Our families and best friends live in our home town in northern California, within an hour of us. Amanda’s parents live in the same house she grew up in, on a small farm with cows, chickens, ducks, and honeybees. They love to host all the family events! We all make the effort to visit each other and stay in touch.
We will raise your child to know how much they are loved! We will provide a safe, stable, loving, supportive place for your child to grow and learn. Our whole family is excited to welcome this child and give him or her the very best. As parents, we believe in helping our child reach their fullest potential and giving every opportunity to discover and grow his or her talents and interests.
We promise to:
• Model Christian values, loving God and others.
• Encourage education and support their future goals.
• Honor the relationship you want with us through this adoption, sharing updates and connection, if you’re comfortable.
• Help them understand our family’s adoption story from the start, and to know how much you mean to us.
We believe open adoption is a beautiful way to build a family and we are grateful for this chance to share a little about ourselves with you. We’d love to talk with you! Call or text Lifetime at 1.800.923.6784.
Thoughtfully, Tim & Amanda
More About Tim
Education: High School Diploma
Profession: UPS Driver
Racial Background: Caucasian
Holiday: Fourth of July
Dessert: Ice Cream
TV Show: Star Trek (all of them!)
Vacation Spot: Anywhere with a beach
More About Amanda
Education: Master's Degree
Profession: College Registrar & Future Stay-at-home Mom
Racial Background: Caucasian & Hispanic
TV Show: The Office
Vacation Spot: Mexico
More About Our Family
What we love about where we live
• Beautiful mountain views from every window in our home, and we can see the desert skyline over the houses
• Halloween with hundreds of kids trick-or-treating our streets
• Spacious & grassy backyard, and a front patio where we like to sit to greet neighbors as they pass by
• Every year the small local airport puts on air races, and during the summer we watch the small airplanes practice their stunts, right from our front yard
Thoughts on Open Adoption
Our thoughts on open adoption have grown and deepened so much since we started on this journey to adopt. (We know it can be hard to imagine such a meaningful relationship with someone you haven't yet met!) We already know how important our child's birth mom will be to us, and how important she will be in our baby's life, and in our family's story. Since we began this process, we pray daily for the mom who will one day choose us to adopt her baby. We already love her and picture how our lives will be intertwined with hers, throughout the child's life. To us, open adoption is about this unique love that will connect us all through a child. If we're the right family for you, please know you will always have a special place in our family, and our hearts.
Favorite things about our family
• Get-togethers are loud, fun, and filled with stories and laughter.
• In the summer, Amanda’s parents set up a 20-foot water slide for the kids when they visit the farm.
• During winters, the grandparents take the kids sledding or for long walks in the snow.
• The grandkids enjoy tractor rides with Dah (grandpa) and homemade playdough and coloring, with Mimi (grandma).
• Everyone looks forward to Sunday family dinners and game night.
Tim: I once made a latte for Elon Musk. (When I retire, I want to be a barista!)
Amanda: I have 33 houseplants and I LOVE blasting the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack while I clean!
Thank you for learning about the life we'd love to offer your child through adoption! We're ready and excited to adopt our first child and share our time, heart, and love as parents. It would mean so much to us to get to know you and the hopes you have for this child's future. We value honesty, hard work, and putting our faith in God, and will be there for our child in every way we can. We're happy to answer any questions or discuss what adoption could look like with us. When you're ready just ask Lifetime about us! We hope to talk with you soon.