Did you know that today is “Giving Tuesday”? According to GivingTuesday.com, this nationwide movement is in its sixth year, and is celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the popular shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Giving Tuesday kicks off the charitable season when people start to think about their holiday and end-of-year giving. Recognized by the hashtag #GivingTuesday, this has evolved into a movement that celebrates and supports giving.
Keep reading to discover how you can support and give back to adoption this Giving Tuesday!
A great way to recognize Giving Tuesday is to donate to an organization or charity that has positively impacted your life. Consider helping Lifetime as we support birth mothers, through donating to the Lifetime Adoption Foundation. Every donation to Lifetime Adoption Foundation is appreciated, and enables us to continue our mission of supporting women choosing adoption!
There are many ways to help the Lifetime Foundation this Giving Tuesday! Here are 5 simple ideas on how you can support the Foundation:
- Donating funds or gift cards
- Contribute items for Birth Mother Blessing packs (preferred items include maternity clothing, colored pencils, travel-size women’s toiletries, socks, and blank journals. View the Lifetime Adoption Foundation wish list to learn their specifically-needed items
- Purchase an Adoption Prayer Bracelet for you and a prayer partner. Visit AdoptionPrayerBracelet.com to browse designs and colors.
- Shop at Amazon Smile, and Amazon will make a donation to the Lifetime Adoption Foundation
- Buy LuLaRoe clothing through November (get more info in our post, “How Can Your LuLaRoe Shopping Addiction Support Adoption?“)
Visit LifetimeFoundation.org to get more ideas on how you can support the Lifetime Adoption Foundation. We’d love it if you’d share this with your family members, friends, and church members!
Heidi Keefer is a Content Creator for Lifetime Adoption and has 15 years of experience in the field of adoption. An author of thousands of blog posts over the years, Heidi enjoys finding new ways to educate and captivate Lifetime’s ever-growing list of subscribers.
Heidi has a keen eye for misplaced apostrophes, comma splices, and well-turned sentences, which she has put to good use as a contributor to Lifetime’s award-winning blogs. She has written and published hundreds of adoption articles which explore the various facets of domestic infant adoption today.