North Dakota Adoption, Home Studies, and More!
Pregnant and Considering Adoption in North Dakota
It can be overwhelming to discover you are pregnant when it is unplanned. You probably don’t fully understand all of your options and what they mean to you and your baby. In addition, family, the baby’s father, and friends may all give their opinions if you share your news which can make things feel more complicated.
Talk to a Lifetime coordinator to get the information you need. She will also be a calm person to listen to and a source to find the resources you need. Just call, text, or fill out this easy online form.
What is the Adoption Process in North Dakota?
If you are considering adoption in North Dakota, reach out to Lifetime Adoption to find out more about the adoption process. It’s really simple to start the process. Just call, text, or complete our online form to talk, text, or email with an kind and supportive adoption coordinator.
You can view adoptive family profiles online, have your coordinator send profiles, or have her choose a family for you. You can view families in North Dakota or in any other state.
What if you are currently pregnant and concerned about how things will go at the hospital? Your Lifetime Adoption coordinator will be there to help you create a hospital plan which will include things such as:
- Who do you want with you during labor and delivery?
- Do you want time alone with your baby?
- Would you like to leave the hospital before or after your baby?
You will also have a lawyer who will explain all your rights and manage all of the legal documentation for you.
What if you don’t have a newborn but are currently struggling to parent? There are many Lifetime families open to adopting a toddler, sibling group, or older child. A professional counselor, at no charge, can help create a plan that will help the transition go smoothly for everyone involved, especially the child.
Open Adoption in North Dakota
- What lifestyle traits or values are you looking for in a family?
- What kind and how much contact would you like in the future?
- How do you see your stay at the hospital going?
- Do you have pregnancy-related support or resources you need?
If parenting is not a great option for you, there is no more loving and courageous choice than adoption you can make for you and your baby. With modern adoption, you don’t have to say goodbye to your baby forever. Instead, you can get updates and pictures and even have visits with your child and the adoptive family. Many of our birth mothers have close and lasting relationships with their child’s adoptive families. Recently, a birth mother of ours was getting married, and she asked if her daughter could be there. She was not only there, but the adoptive parents were there as well, and the adoptive father even walked the bride down the aisle.
Help With Pregnancy Expenses and More
- Medical expenses relating to the pregnancy that are not already covered by health insurance.
- Expenses for transportation, meals, and lodging needed in order to receive counseling, medical services, or legal services related to the pregnancy.
- Living expenses of the birth mother need to maintain a decent standard of living if the birth mother is unable to maintain the current standard because of the loss of income resulting from the pregnancy.
North Dakota Adoptive Families
The adoption profiles below will show you waiting adoptive parents of all types and backgrounds in North Dakota . When you browse these profiles, you can learn more about the families’:
- Home and neighborhood
- Values and religious beliefs
- Reasons for adopting
- And much more!
No matter what you’re looking for in an adoptive family in North Dakota , you deserve to find the perfect match. With waiting families from across the country, Lifetime Adoption provides more adoptive family profiles for you, giving you a greater chance of finding the right fit for your child.
Families Wanting to Adopt in North Dakota
Is adopting a newborn, child up to the age of 6, or a sibling group in North Dakota a dream you have? Lifetime is one of the nationwide leaders in open, modern adoption and is ready to guide you through the process.
Starting the Adoption Process
Just go to the online application and fill it out to get started. A Lifetime representative will review your information, and once pre-approved, a Lifetime coordinator will contact you to get your adoption journey started.
You can feel confident in the adoption process created by Mardie Caldwell. As the founder of Lifetime Adoption, she created the Lifetime program to help other families and birth mothers after her experience adopting her son over three decades ago.
Adoption Laws in North Dakota
Typically, in North Dakota, the timeline for legal documentation and the timeline for adoption are as follows:
Birth mothers can consent to an adoption anytime after the birth of the baby. Once the decree of adoption is entered, it cannot be revoked under normal circumstances.
Your North Dakota legal representative will explain all legal issues relating to your individual adoption situation.
North Dakota Home Studies
A home study will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Show the stability of the adoptive parents’ marital relationships
- Show adoptive parents emotional stability. Must include any history of treatment for mental health concerns, substance abuse, or abuse or neglect issues
- Review of adoptive parents’ parenting skills
- Physical examination of the adoptive parents by physician conducted within the past 12 months
- Financial report
- Fingerprint-based criminal history records and child abuse and neglect checks
Your adoption coordinator will be happy to refer a home study provider who will complete your home study and provide all the specifics of what is required.
Funding Your Adoption
Called To Adoption
Open Adoption Webinars
Lifetime Adoption, Inc. is a Licensed Florida Child Placing Agency. (License #100084254)
Lifetime Adoption Center is a BBB Accredited Business with an A+ rating
Copyright © | Lifetime Adoption