Many Americans have been trying new things to keep active while they’re stuck at home during the pandemic. And for some people, that includes spending more time in the kitchen and testing out new recipes.
We’ve all been spending more time at home lately. Now, we’re ready to mix things up in our own kitchens. So, we’ve asked Lifetime’s hopeful adoptive parents: what’s cooking in your kitchen?
Amanda from Alabama shared a delicious recipe for Upside-Down Hot Fudge Sundae Pie. Amanda and her husband Chris are currently one of Lifetime’s adoptive parents-in-waiting. You can see their adoption profile online here.
Upside-Down Hot Fudge Sundae Pie
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Heat oven to 350° F
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add cocoa; stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, stir together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to cocoa mixture; stir with whisk until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, and salt; stir with whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into unbaked crust. Bake 30 -35 minutes until edge is set – center will be soft.
- Cool about 2 hours before serving.
- For even more goodness…add ice cream and/or cool whip to each serving.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
So now, we want to know — what’s cooking in your kitchen? You can email your recipe to Lifetime Adoption. Feel free to share a pic of your food if you have one!