One of Lifetime’s goals is to educate women who are considering adoption. We feel it’s necessary that you’re aware of all the choices and rights with modern open adoption.
And, we let you know that you’re totally not alone as you think about making an adoption plan; many women have been where you are right now. So today, Lifetime is sharing what 6 women have said about adoption, and why they love open adoption. We’ve removed everyone’s names, for privacy reasons.
1. “Open adoption means I can pick the loving family, and feel safe with my decision.”
2. “I like the fact that I’ll always know how my child is doing and where they are.“
3. “I know that I did the right thing in doing an open adoption. I know things are good with my child and that he’s happy!”
4. “Because I have an open adoption, I’ll know how my baby is being raised and treated by a caring family. They can also give my daughter what I’m unable to provide: stability.”
5. “I chose to adopt out my baby so he can have a better start in life!”
6. “I’m so glad to be able to have the closure that open adoption brings. I’m able to know that my child will be ok.”
If you would like to speak with a woman who’s made an adoption plan, please text or call Lifetime Adoption at 1-800-923-6784.
Our peer counselors can relate to where you’re at! They’re here to help you navigate your adoption decision-making process.
Heidi Keefer is a Content Creator for Lifetime Adoption and has 15 years of experience in the field of adoption. An author of thousands of blog posts over the years, Heidi enjoys finding new ways to educate and captivate Lifetime’s ever-growing list of subscribers.
Heidi has a keen eye for misplaced apostrophes, comma splices, and well-turned sentences, which she has put to good use as a contributor to Lifetime’s award-winning blogs. She has written and published hundreds of adoption articles which explore the various facets of domestic infant adoption today.