Today’s smartphone technology helps you with every aspect of your life, including pregnancy. With just a few taps of your finger, you can download an app that guides you through each day of your pregnancy, reminds you to do your Kegels, or gives you daily updates about your baby’s current size and growth development.
When you’re pregnant, you experience all kinds of physical and emotional changes. You have questions about what you should eat, how big your baby is, or what exercises you can do during your pregnancy. A pregnancy app answers all these questions and more!
By using a pregnancy app, you can feel more informed and in control of your pregnancy journey. Plus, you’ll feel less stressed knowing that any information you need is at the tip of your fingers. Because we know you want to thrive during your pregnancy, we’re providing you with 10 of the best pregnancy tracking apps. So why not get started today?
Best Pregnancy Tracking App – the Top 10
1. My Pregnancy Today
When you use the My Pregnancy Today app, it will instantly inform you about all that’s going on with your body and your baby. You simply enter your due date, and this app turns your phone into an expert guide for every day of your pregnancy.
My Pregnancy Today features illustrations showing how big your baby is growing (like a “your-baby-is-the-size-of-a-lemon” illustration) during each state of pregnancy. The app also has a series of videos showing you what labor is like and seeing how a baby grows in the womb. It’s definitely worthwhile downloading My Pregnancy Today during your pregnancy, and you can find it on the:
Apple App Store
Google Play Store
2. What To Expect’s Pregnancy & Baby Tracker
This pregnancy tracking app has been around for years, and no wonder. It’s a resourceful app packed with information on every aspect of pregnancy. There’s easy-to-follow information on what’s going on during every week of your pregnancy.
This app also gives you personalized tracking of your pregnancy with week-to-week videos about your baby’s size and your body’s development. There’s also information about:
- The best pregnancy exercises
- Nutrition: Healthful tips to ensure you’re getting enough vitamins and minerals for baby
- Labor: How to get ready and practical advice to prepare
- Delivery: Great tips and answers to questions you may have
- Health guidance: Common questions expecting women have along with lots of health tips
3. Ovia Pregnancy Tracker
Doctor-recommended, the Ovia Pregnancy Tracker app allows you to track your menstrual cycles and ovulation. But besides being a fertility tracker, it’s also great for tracking your pregnancy. It lists safe foods and medications during pregnancy as well as:
- Safety lists: What and what not to eat when you’re pregnant
- Checklists: So that you can stay organized with all your to-do’s and questions
- Recipes: Yummy, nutritious recipes that are easy to whip up
- Information on your baby’s development
Available on the Apple App Store for Apple devices.
4. Sprout Pregnancy
If you like to journal, this is the app for you! The Sprout Pregnancy app provides one of the great journaling options out there.
You can keep track of your baby’s movements, daily progress, and fun little things you want to remember. In addition, there is an option to share your stories with other people, such as your baby’s adoptive mother.
Overall, pregnant women say this app helps them stay organized and educated on what’s going on with their baby and their bodies. What’s better than that? You can download the app on the:
Apple App Store for iPhones
Google Play Store for Android devices
5. Pregnancy Tracker: Baby Bump
Many women list Pregnancy Tracker: Baby Bump as the best pregnancy tracker app. It’s great for any mom-to-be, whether you have three kids or you’re a first-time mother. They packed this app with advice about baby development and your body’s developmental changes. Other features of this app include:
- Facts on how your body changes during pregnancy
- Growth of your baby with illustrations
- A kick counter to track baby’s kicks
- Useful tips on how to stay healthy during your pregnancy
- Option to share your pregnancy timeline with your family and friends
Available on the Apple App Store for iOS devices.
6. Kegel Trainer PFM Exercises
Kegel exercises are essential for pregnant women. They strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which helps both during and after your pregnancy.
This app discreetly pops up on your iPhone, prompting you it’s time to do some Kegels to strengthen your pelvic floor. All you have to do is hit “start” and squeeze as until the countdown is finished. This app is free, but you get even more information and instruction if you use the paid version. Kegel Trainer PFM Exercises is available on the:
Apple App Store
Google Play Store
7. Pregnancy Assistant
Pregnancy Assistant helps you log your pregnancy progress and document your journey with pictures. It’s full of information to help you experience a smooth pregnancy. This app is easy to use with its clear interface, which sounds like a real pregnancy assistant. What could be more fun than this? Here are some features of Pregnancy Assistant:
- Helpful lists
- Doctor appointments and classes organized in one place
- Constant overview of your pregnancy progress
- The ability to keep track of your baby’s development
- See the movements your baby might be making
- Count contractions during labor
Available on the Apple App Store.
8. Pregnancy Workouts for Every Trimester
Working out while pregnant is an important part of having a healthy pregnancy. It’s easy to get out of your normal exercise routine, especially in the early months of pregnancy, but this is one of the best pregnancy tracker apps to help you stay on course. The exercises are safe and easy to follow. Features include:
- Yoga poses
- Breathing exercises
- Pilates for pregnancy
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Pregnancy ball exercises
- Stretches and stretch workouts
Available at the Google Play Store.
9. Pregnancy + | Tracker App
Pregnancy + stands out in this list as possibly the best pregnancy tracking app available, having been recommended by healthcare professionals. Experts in the fields of healthcare, childbirth, and parenting designed this helpful app. It provides you with updated, evidence-based information.
Download this app for week-by-week pregnancy articles and information. This pregnancy app has many features including:
- Daily pregnancy information and nutritional suggestions
- A spot to keep track of your doctor’s appointments
- Contraction counter
- Healthcare tips
- Interactive 3D models to track your baby and their development
- Pregnancy tools
- Organization and planning
- Birth plan ideas and what to pack in your hospital bag
10. WebMD Pregnancy
When you download this app, you’ll have pregnancy health information at your fingertips. Of this listing of candidates for the best pregnancy tracking app, WebMD Pregnancy provides some of the most reliable medical information. This medically reviewed pregnancy app features things like:
- A kick tracker to track baby kicks
- Weight and blood pressure checks
- Contraction timer
- An Ask My Doctor feature
- Checklists and other organizing tips
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on January 17, 2017, and has since been updated.
Heidi Keefer is a Content Creator for Lifetime Adoption and has 15 years of experience in the field of adoption. An author of thousands of blog posts over the years, Heidi enjoys finding new ways to educate and captivate Lifetime’s ever-growing list of subscribers.
Heidi has a keen eye for misplaced apostrophes, comma splices, and well-turned sentences, which she has put to good use as a contributor to Lifetime’s award-winning blogs. She has written and published hundreds of adoption articles which explore the various facets of domestic infant adoption today.