Once you have decided on an adoptive family for your baby, there are many ways to build your relationship together. It is important to take the time to ask the family any questions you may have and remember that this adoption is your choice, but it is important for all parties to feel comfortable with the decision. Here are some ideas for getting to know more about each other:
• What are some of your favorite hobbies? What are theirs?
• What do you want the baby to know about you?
• Who is important in your family?
• Do you want to share pictures?
• What type of contact do you want before and after the birth?
• What type does the family want?
• Do you want to meet before the delivery?
• Do you want them at the hospital?
If you have questions at any time during your adoption decision or match, please call Lifetime Adoption at 1-800-923-6784.