Here are seven action items to take during your adoption journey:
- Know your adoption budget, and be open to other resources to help fund your adoption plan.
- Be honest with yourselves and be honest with your Adoption Coordinator about your specific openness toward the type of child you hope to adopt and are will to adopt.
- Educate yourself about the adoption process and learn all you can. It will give you more peace of mind too.
- Commit to being dedicated to your specific adoption plan and steps as well as your role in your adoption success.
- Know exactly what your “next steps” will be and set deadlines to take them. You are in control!
- Remember to live a balanced life before a new child enters your family. Take time for yourself and as a couple if married.
- Be patient and realize adoption can take time.
Think about how much you’re willing to put into your adoption. Your adoption plan in action will soon become a way of life for you.